DMVF Architects are an experienced practice working on a diverse range of projects from award winning commercial, public and educational buildings to one off private residences in Ireland and abroad.
We are a conservation accredited practice specialising in delivering contemporary and conservation architecture designed, detailed and crafted to produce beautiful buildings and interiors.
BSc. Arch. B. Arch (Hons) MRIAI
Colm studied Architecture at Dundee University. He worked in London prior to DMVF for international award winning practice Paul Davis & Partners (PDP). Colm has extensive experience working as a Conservation Architect — skilfully integrating contemporary architecture within historic environments.
Colm is an RIAI Grade 3 Conservation Architect.
BSc. Arch. B. Arch (Hons) MRIAI
Lisa studied Architecture at Queen’s University, Belfast from 1993–1999. Upon graduating, Lisa worked for Campbell Conroy Hickey Architects (CCH) from 1999 to 2005 in Dublin. Lisa has extensive experience leading design teams on projects in the residential, commercial, leisure and hospitality sectors both in Ireland and internationally.
Lisa is a RIAI Conservation Architect Grade 3 and hold an RIAI Accreditation in Health & Safety.
Dip. Arch B.Arch Sc. (Hons) MRIAI
John studied Architecture at DIT, Bolton Street School of Architecture from 1992–1998. Upon graduating, he gained expertise working on award winning projects with the esteemed de Blacam and Meagher Architects from 1998 to 2005. John has successfully completed and led design teams on a wide range of projects from fit outs of bars, restaurants and offices to new build third level educational facilities.
John holds an RIAI Accreditation in Sustainability.
MRIAI, BSc Arch B.Arch (Hons)
MRIAI, BSc, DipArch, MArch, ARB
MRIAI, BSc MArch (Hons)
BSc MArch (Hons)
BSc (Hons) M.Arch
Architectural Technologist / Office Manager
BSc (Hons) Arch Tech. PG Dip. FSP. RIAI Arch Tech
BSc MArch (Hons)
I hired DMVF Architects to oversee the renovation of a large seaside 1960s holiday property from design and planning permission through to the completion of the building works. I worked closely with Colm Doyle of DMVF for 6 months on the project, and found his advice on every element - from structural considerations to interior design decisions - invaluable. The project was completed on time, and on budget, and far exceeded the expectations of my family for whom I oversaw the project.
I used DMVF for a full remodel, refurbishment and extension of my home. The expertise, professionalism, and commitment Lisa brought to the project were second to none. Bringing a project from design through planning and construction to completion requires an enormous skill set, and I am grateful for the hugely positive experience I had with DMVF throughout this process. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.
We hired John from DMVF to do an extensive renovation of an old dormer bungalow. We were really impressed with John's contemporary design & vision for the house. The level of service, communication and advice from John was excellent throughout the project, even when we were in different countries during the design & planning stage! John always had our best interests at heart and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. We were absolutely delighted with the result - a beautiful unique modern house which functions perfectly as our family home.
I engaged Colm of DMVF to do a full remodel of my home. Colm managed every aspect of the project and made it virtually stress-free for me. I was absolutely delighted with the level of service, professionalism and experience that DMVF brought to the project. Colm's insight into what I wanted and what I needed was remarkable. He created space and light that I didn't even think was possible. I am very happy with the space created by Colm in my home and I would happily recommend DMVF to anyone looking for an architect.
We hired John & DMVF to design an extension for a bungalow we bought which was in a poor state - typical of an early 70s bungalow. We wanted an open-plan contemporary home that was suitable for the growing needs of a young family. DMVF immediately identified with our brief & designed a scheme which was bold & daring but yet ticked all our boxes. We loved the design. DMVF were experts in securing planning permission in Co. Meath. The construction process also went smoothly & they project managed the build on time & within budget. We love living in our new house as it has been completely designed around the way we want to live. DMVF’s approach is professional, thorough and re-assuring - they understand and listen to their clients and never try to impose their vision.
DMVF were recommended to us by a friend who had a really super remodel done by them. The process was pretty easy. Colm, one of the partners in DMVF, came out and explained the whole thing and then came back a couple of weeks later with drawings. The design itself was exactly what we wanted – sleek and modern with a really cool kitchen diner, a room for the kids and much needed chill out space. He encouraged us to have some really practical features like great storage, plugs etc - all of which make a huge difference to how liveable the place is.
DMVF expertly guided us through our extension project. From design concept through to project completion, we were impressed by the clean cut design, attention to detail, practical advice and excellent project management. The end product was exactly what we envisioned – a clean, bright, comfortable and warm new living space. What more can a client ask for! We would have no hesitation recommending John and his Team to others – and have done so.
- Building and Architect of the Year Awards 2017: House Extension Refurbishment of the Year Award – Proj: Camden — June '17
- Building and Architect of the Year Awards 2017: Shortlisted for 3 Awards – Proj: Camden & Morehampton Road — June '17
- The Sunday Independent House Magazine: The Italian Job – Proj: Morehampton Road — May '17
- The Journal: 8 things an Architect doesn’t you to know first — Mar '17
- Best of Irish kitchens: Open Invitation – Proj: Dartry Park — Feb / Mar '17
- Décor Magazine: Statement Styling – Proj: Granville — Dec '16 / Jan '17
- Image.ie House Tour: Camden Conservation – Proj: Camden — Nov '16
- Irish Times: Landmark Rathmines Building to be converted into restaurant – Proj: Mixed Use, Rathmines — Oct '16
- The Journal: Thinking of Renovating your home? 7 things to consider before you start — Sept '16
- The Huffington Post: How to survive a home renovation by Fiona McPhilips — Sept '16
- Irish Wood Awards 2016: Commendation – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Nov '16
- Image Interiors: Camden Conservation – Proj: Camden — Sept / Oct '16
- Houzz – Houzz Tour: A Family Home in Dublin is Reconfigured for Two – Proj: Greystones — June '16
- House & Home: The Venue for Today’s Cos Dublin Event Will Give You Serious House Envy – Proj: Camden — Apr '16
- All Ireland Kitchen Guide: New England Charm – Proj: Dundrum — Spring / Summer '16
- RTE: Room to Improve – Proj: Camden — Feb '16
- Décor Magazine: Hamptons Inspiration – Proj: Frankfort — Aug / Sept '15
- Contemporist.com: 7 amazing bathrooms with freestanding bathtubs — May '15
- The Journal: 100 Year Old House? Here are a few tips for an energy efficient upgrade – Proj: Greystones — Apr '15
- House and Home: Renovate Supplement – Family Ties — May / June '15
- Houzz - Ask an Architect: How Can I Carve Out a New Room Without Extending – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Mar '15
- RTE: Room to Improve – Proj: Dartry & Meath — Feb '15
- RTE: Room to Improve – Proj: Butterfield — Feb '15
- Love Your Home by Dermot Bannon (Gill & MacMillan 2014) – Proj: Dartry, Butterfield & Cottage Cubed
- TV3: Design Doctors – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Oct '14
- Irelands Homes Interiors & Living: Extensions, Expert Advice — Jan '13
- Image Interiors & Living: Room With A View – Proj: Butterfield — May / June '13
- Sunday Times - Home Section: Room to Bloom — Oct '13
- RIAI Awards: Commended – Proj: Cottage Cubed
- Daily Design Joint: Cottage Cubed Refurbishment – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Nov '12
- Houzz.com: How Walls Can Define The Space of Stairs – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Oct '16
- Bray People: Bray Cottage Wins Design Award – Proj: Cottage Cubed — June '12
- Image Interiors: Future Proof – Proj: Greystones — May / June '12
- The Irish Times: Life and Culture section – A Towering Achievement — June '12
- Wicklow Times: Local Bray Architect Shortlisted for Irish Architecture Award – Proj: Cottage Cubed — June '12
- Small House Bliss: Cottage Cubed, A renovated Fisherman’s Cottage – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Oct '12
- Archilovers.com: Inserting A Cube – Proj: Cottage Cubed — Feb '12
- Irish Independent: My Favourite Room – Proj: Dublin 4 — Oct '09
Instagram has returned invalid data.